Claudia And Her Team Of Highly Experienced Immigration Attorneys Will Fight For You

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Deportation Defense
  4.  » I-601A Waivers

Applying For An I-601A Provisional Waiver

Immigration laws in the United States are complicated and constantly changing. Knowing which petitions and waivers to apply for can be overwhelming. At the Canizares Law Group, LLC, in Miami, our immigration attorneys have decades of combined experience and have assisted with over 800 immigration cases nationwide. They can help you understand whether you are eligible for an I-601 or I-601A waiver.

How Can An Immigrant Who Was Deported Apply For A Green Card?

When an immigrant goes through a removal proceeding or is deported for being undocumented and in the country illegally, they may not be eligible to reenter the United States. The fact that they were in the country unlawfully could be automatic grounds for inadmissibility. If an immigrant is unlawfully in the country for six months to a year before being deported, then they will automatically be barred from entering the U.S. for three years. If an immigrant was in the country illegally for more than a year, there is an automatic 10-year ban on entry to the United States. However, if that person applies for and is granted a 601A waiver, their unlawful presence in the United States will not be considered grounds for inadmissibility.

What Is The Difference Between An I-601 And An I-601A Waiver?

Form I-601 is an application to apply for a waiver for inadmissibility. Sometimes referred to as a hardship waiver, if a foreign national can prove that they have a spouse, child or parent who is a U.S. citizen or a green card holder (legal permanent resident) they can ask immigration officials to waive their grounds for inadmissibility back into the country. Form I-601A can be filed when applicants are still in the United States. Both waivers are designed to shorten the amount of time that families are separated.

Contact An Immigration Lawyer Today For Help With Your I-601A Waiver Application

Our experienced immigration attorneys can help you better understand if you are eligible for either an I-601 or I-601A waiver. Call our office today at 305-686-3187 or send an email to schedule a consultation. We accept credit cards for payment. We also offer appointments over the phone, via video chat or in person. Se habla español.