Claudia And Her Team Of Highly Experienced Immigration Attorneys Will Fight For You

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Deportation Defense
  4.  » U Visa

Applying For A U Visa To Avoid Deportation

If you are an immigrant and you have been the victim of a crime, there are special visas available for immigrants who are seeking residence and citizenship in the United States. Claudia Canizares, who was once an immigrant herself, founded the Canizares Law Group, LLC, in Miami. Our team of immigration lawyers has decades of combined experience with immigration law.

What Is A U Visa?

A U nonimmigrant status visa is a specific type of visa that is only available for victims of violent crimes who have information that can help law enforcement. A U visa provides its holder with U nonimmigrant status. It will allow you to obtain a work permit and work in the United States for up to four years.

Who Is Eligible For A U Visa?

A U visa is available for victims of crimes who have suffered from emotional, physical or sexual abuse as a result of those crimes and have information that can help law enforcement investigate and prosecute the criminal activity. Victims of human trafficking and kidnapping, domestic abuse, or sexual assault and rape are eligible to apply for a U visa.

Can An Immigrant Obtain Citizenship Through A U Visa?

If you have been approved for a U visa and maintain your U nonimmigrant status three years after the date your U visa status was approved, then you may be eligible to apply for lawful permanent resident (LPR) status and obtain your green card through an adjustment of status.

Removal Proceedings: Applying For A U Visa As A Deportation Defense

When you are facing deportation and removal proceedings, you may still be eligible to apply for a U visa as a strategy to avoid deportation. An experienced immigration attorney can help defend you in your removal proceedings and help you apply for a U visa to avoid deportation.

Do You Need An Immigration Attorney For Help With A U Visa? Call Now.

At Canizares Law Group, LLC, our immigration attorneys can help you apply for a U Visa. Call our office today at 305-686-3187 or use the contact form to send us an email. We offer appointments in person, over the phone or through video chat. We also accept credit cards as a form of payment. Se habla español.