Claudia And Her Team Of Highly Experienced Immigration Attorneys Will Fight For You

  1. Home
  2.  » FAQ

Providing Answers To Your Immigration FAQs

At Canizares Law Group, LLC, we know how confusing the American immigration system can be; our founder had firsthand experience. She created our firm to help immigrants in Florida, and that includes providing information to get you started. Below are answers to some of the most common questions we hear from our clients.

Who Is Eligible For Family-Based Immigration?

According to the U.S. government, those who typically qualify include:

  • Immediate relatives: Spouses, parents and unmarried children under 21 years of age.
  • Family preference: Other relatives such as siblings, cousins and married children. Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 of green card holders can also qualify.

The U.S. government says that there are unlimited visas available for immediate relatives. For family preference relatives, however, a limited annual number of visas is available.

How Does An Immigration Lawyer Differ From An Immigration Consultant?

The main difference between an immigration lawyer and an immigration consultant is that immigration lawyers are licensed legal professionals who thoroughly understand immigration laws in the state they practice in. That means that if an immigrant client finds themselves in legal trouble or navigating a complex immigration law issue, an immigration lawyer can help guide them.

How Can I Prevent Deportation?

Depending on the circumstances, permanent residents can avoid deportation by:

  • Applying for asylum: Immigrants can file Form I-589 as part of their asylum application. If approved, this form can help them reside in the United States for at least one year without the threat of removal.
  • Avoid fraudulent or criminal activity: For permanent residents of the United States, being guilty of fraudulent or unlawful actions can lead to deportation. Some of those actions include marital fraud, illegal voting, rape, murder, drug trafficking, driving under the influence, or other activities that pose a threat to the United States and its citizens.

We understand that the stories that lead to deportation charges can be complicated. The attorneys at Canizares Law Group, LLC, are ready and equipped to help them navigate their deportation charges. Call 305-686-3187 to schedule an initial consultation today. Se habla español.

What Is The New Parole Program For Cubans In 2023?

As part of the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) recent expansions of the family reunification parole processes for Cuban natives, those still waiting on Cuban Family Reunification Parole (CFRP) applications can expect the United States to continue processing and conducting interviews for them. The application processing and the interviews will still occur at the U.S. Embassy in Havana, Cuba.

How Do I Get Help For Undocumented People In Miami?

Aside from contacting an experienced immigration attorney, there are various organizations and community groups in Miami that assist undocumented individuals with a variety of needs, including the Center For Immigrant Advancement, Church World Service, Lutheran Services of Florida and Immigration Equality.

We are prepared to assist you and any undocumented individuals. For more information about support services, please feel free to contact us. We can also help undocumented individuals apply for temporary protected status and explore their protection options in Florida.

What Is The Fastest Way To Get A Visa?

In some circumstances, you can file a expedite request with USCIS to speed up the processing time of your visa application. Some visa categories are also eligible for premium processing.

Another way to speed up the visa process is to submit a strong application. Even small mistakes can cause delays and denials, putting your immigration journey on hold. When you work with us at Canizares Law Group, we will help you with your application to ensure that you avoid common pitfalls throughout the application process.

How Can I Bring My Family To America?

If you are a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, you can petition to bring your family to the United States. You must file a Form I-130 with supporting documentation to prove the familiar relationship and your status as a citizen or permanent resident. If USCIS approves the petition, your family member will move on to the consular processing stage of the visa process and attend an interview at a U.S. consulate.

Each step of the process involves different forms and paperwork that can get confusing to manage on your own. At Canizares Law Group, we can assist you to give you and your family a better chance of success.

Have Additional Questions? We’re Happy To Answer Them.

Our experienced immigration law attorneys understand how daunting, complicated and nuanced the U.S. immigration process can be. We also understand you may have additional questions about your personal immigration circumstances, and we’re here and happy to help. Call 305-686-3187 or complete our contact form to set up an initial consultation today. Se habla español.