Claudia And Her Team Of Highly Experienced Immigration Attorneys Will Fight For You

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Petitions Or Claims
  4.  » Fiancé(e) Visas

Obtaining A Visa For Your Fiancé(e)

It can be incredibly difficult and stressful to be separated from the ones we love. Fortunately, U.S. immigration laws especially seek to reunite families and loved ones. For our immigration attorneys at the Canizares Law Group, LLC, one of the most rewarding outcomes of this work is assisting families with visa applications and family petitions to reunite their family members and loved ones. Our lawyers in Miami have helped thousands of clients and family members throughout the country and beyond find immigration solutions to reunite with each other, especially through marriage or a fiancé visa.

Family Petitions That Reunite Families, And The K-1 Visa

There are a number of options for family visas and petitions that are available through U.S. immigration laws that provide family members with opportunities to reunite with one another. There are different types of marriage visas that are based on the length of the marriage. But you don’t have to already be married to come to the country with your future spouse, you can also file for a fiancé(e) visa for your soon-to-be spouse. A foreign citizen fiancé(e) may apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa, which will permit them to enter the United States for the purpose of getting married to their U.S. citizen sponsor.  A lawful permanent resident (LPR), which is a green card holder, is not eligible to apply for a fiancé(e) visa.

Which Is Easier – A Spouse Visa Or A Fiancée Or Fiancé Visa?

Generally speaking, for engaged international couples, a fiancé(e) visa is a little bit easier as it is usually faster to get a fiancé(e) visa approved and is overall less costly than a marriage visa. Once obtained, the fiancé(e) visa allows for the foreign national spouse to travel to the country so that the couple can get married on U.S. soil. A fiancé(e) visa could potentially allow a couple to be together with minimal separation. With a marriage visa, the noncitizen spouse must remain outside the country until the visa application is processed and approved.

Applying For A Fiancé(e) Visa? Call An Immigration Lawyer Today.

Our immigration attorneys can help you determine which family visa is right for your circumstances and help you file whatever paperwork you need. They are available for consultations by appointment only. Send an email through our website or call our office at 305-686-3187 to schedule your consultation. Appointments are available over the phone, online by video chat or in person. Se habla español.