Claudia And Her Team Of Highly Experienced Immigration Attorneys Will Fight For You

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Petitions Or Claims
  4.  » Marriage Visas

Filing A Family Petition For A Marriage Visa

Immigration laws may never feel more complicated than when your immigration status is keeping you separated from your spouse or family. At the Canizares Law Group, LLC, the most rewarding aspect of our lawyers’ work is when they are able to help families reunite with their loved ones. From our office in Miami, our attorneys have handled thousands of immigration petitions and cases throughout the country. They have the experience to help you reunite with yours with a spouse or marriage visa.

Bringing Your Spouse To The United States

The first step in obtaining a visa for a family member is to file a family petition. You can file the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative form if you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR) with a green card. After the marriage relationship has been established, your spouse will be eligible to apply for LPR status (green card). Our team can also help you file for a fiancé(e) visa if you are not yet married to your soon-to-be spouse.

What Is A CR1 Spouse Visa?

If you have been married to your spouse for less than two years, then you are eligible to apply for a CR1 visa. A CR1 is a conditional resident visa that will allow you to enter the United States. After two years, you will be eligible to file for LPR status. Once you have a green card, you will be eligible to travel in and out of the United States, obtain a driver’s license, find employment and open a bank account,

What Is An IR1 Spouse Visa?

For foreign spouses that have been married for more than two years, you can apply for an IR1 visa that will be valid for 10 years and can be renewed indefinitely unless or until your spouse decides to apply for U.S. citizenship.

Married To A U.S. Citizen? Call Today For Help Filing Your Marriage Visa.

Our attorneys offer appointments over the phone, in person or online via videoconferencing. Send us an email through our online form or call us today at 305-686-3187 to schedule your appointment. Se habla español.